10/27/2017

Variations on a Card Theme

As I have often said, I'll make several of the same panel or color several of the same image "just in case."  For today's card I made two since both panels turned out well.

I felt like doing some coloring and had just received my new MFT order with this set.  After coloring the bear I went on Pinterest for ideas and saw something similar.  Pinterest can be a wonderful source when you just don't have the time to do a lot designing or need something quickly.  Sketch challenges can do the same - give you a quick layout.

I decided to use colors that were more "fall-ish" without being the straight reds, pumpkins and golds.

After finishing both cards I decided the bottom one needed a "friend" on the front so I added the hedgehog.  I plan to send this one to a friend who used to work with hedgehogs in the children's area of a zoo.

Stamps/dies: MFT Wild Woodland, Blueprints 20 and 15
Copic markers: Bear E21,E23,E25,E27,E04; Hedgehog E42,E43,E44,E47
Inks: Stampin' Up! So Saffron, Delightful Dijon, Pumkin Pie, Tangelo Twist, Lost Lagoon, Old Olive

Thanks for visiting today!  Remember to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!  Sign up for email notifications for alerts on future blog posts.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute card Jeanne- love the corner stamping and the sweet bear

    ReplyDelete