10/11/2017

Fairy Wishes

Happy Wednesday!  Half way through the work week - YAY!  Today's card features some Lawn Fawn Fairies for the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge this week.
Here is the sketch that was posted:

This is one of those cards that is difficult to photograph but looks really pretty in person.  The fairies are colored with Copic markers except for their wings.  On the wings I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Brush Pens.  These are similar to Wink of Stella except they come in a lot more colors and they blend together easily.  Very fun to use.  After coloring (and getting glitter on my hands, a sure sign of a good sparkle marker) I used the clear Sparkle pen to add even more glimmer.


The background was watercolored with Soft Sky ink and I die cut the clouds.  Lawn Fawn has a really nice set of stitched line dies that I used to give the fairies their "trails".
 
The sentiment is  heat embossed in a Silver Pearl embossing powder.  It is very subtle but quite lovely.  After I embossed I did some additional watercoloring so it would stand out a bit more.

The last thing I added were the sequins.

There is something very creative about coloring and designing with mythical creatures (fairies, mermaids, dragons, etc.) - you can color and design however your imagination allows.  These aren't far off the mark from actual people, but I could easily have made them purple or blue.  Really fun!

Stamps - Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends
Dies - Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends and Stitched Trails, My Favorite Things Clouds
Copic Markers - Fairies G00, G02, G05, Y11, Y12, Y15, RV00, RV52, RV55; Hair - brunette E23, E27,E47 Blonde Y21, YR25, YR55 Redhead E09, E29, E97 Skin E000, E00
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Brush Pens - Wings - Rose Quartz, Moonlight, Clear
Embossing Powder - Ranger Silver Pearl

Thanks for visiting today!  Please let me know in the comments what you think of today's post and if there any topics or techniques you'd like to see me discuss.

Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest - and don't forget to sign up for email notifications of new blog posts!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is so delicate and pretty, loving your theme choice and use of the sketch. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for being our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and a great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful! Love the soft color in the background! Such a clever take on the sketch! I'm impressed with your coloring of such tiny images - I have the hardest time getting depth in small spaces.

    ReplyDelete