10/23/2017

Card-in-a-Box Wine Theme

Happy Monday!  Today's card was made for my husband's 60th birthday.  Since it is wine themed and it's a card-in-a-box, does that make it boxed wine?  I hope not - my husband would not like that!
He actually does know quite a bit about wine so when I found this stamp set I bought it knowing I would be able to use it at some point.  And I thought the sentiment was perfect for a big birthday.

I'm not going to give the details of putting the box together.  This was made with a box die set that makes it very easy.  I have also made these boxes by measuring them out, cutting and scoring.  It can be complicated the first time, but after making several it gets fairly straightforward.

The most fun about these cards is filling the box.  I've made them for different holidays and also just for fun.  Keep in mind that the more elements you have the more interesting they are.  But you also need to be aware of the layers and not cover up layers behind.  It's a good idea to layer larger, taller elements in the back.  Also, since the box collapses, you can have things hang off to one side (not the top) and still have everything fold in the A2 size card.  Although to keep everything in the folded card, it is usually only one side elements can hang out of.  In this card, the wine bottle and the number 60 do hang out of the top of card.  (In the future I may give more detailed instructions and ideas on filling these boxes - I just ran out of time today! Let me know if you'd like to see more on these.)

For this card, I sponged the edges of the wine bottles and made bottle labels with the vintage "1957" on them.  I also fussy cut the grapes and leaves since they did not have a die. The wine in the vellum glasses are inked on the back with Copic markers.  And I aged the wood panels using a sponge dauber and dark brown ink.  This is what makes this so enjoyable - you can let your imagination go wild with these cards!

Supplies used:
Stamps: MFT Uncorked, Taylored Expressions Wine A Little
Dies: MFT card in a box die, MFT wine bottles/glasses die set; Taylored Expressions wine bottle die
Card stock/paper: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, a very old burgundy of unknown name, Very Vanilla, Ols Olive, Cherry Cobbler, wood DSP, silver foil, vellum
Inks: Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Elegant Eggplant

Thanks for visiting today!  Remember to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!  Sign up for email notifications for alerts on future blog posts.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment