10/13/2017

Believe in the Miracle

Happy Friday!  I have a card today that is simple yet elegant. As I was making the card I was asking myself if it needed "something more" but when I was finished I was very happy with the result.

I have a shelf across the room from my desk where I place my cards and this one really "shines".  The card base is 10 x 5 inches, scored at the 5 inch mark to make a 5 x 5 inch card.  I used black card stock and die cut the manger scene.
I used the outside of the die cut as a pattern and masked off a rectangle slightly smaller than the die cut.  I also masked off a rough star shape underneath where the star on the die is located.  I used Broken China, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks and a blending tool to create a night sky.  I kept the lightest color nearest the star.  The Wilted Violet is only in the corners.
I then covered the background with paper and added some splatters of the Broken China and Salty Ocean to add some interest to the white portion of the card.
The I used silver embossing powder to heat emboss my sentiment.
I adhered the die cut on top and added a rhinestone to the center of the star and a few near the sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed this simple card today.  Although it goes together quickly, it does have an impact.  The Oxide inks seem to glow behind the silhouette die cut.

Have a great weekend!

Die - Cottage Cutz Baby Jesus with Animals

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card that displays the true meaning of Christmas. You did a great gob creating the pretty background.

    ReplyDelete